I think that there should be a "sub line" for moms. Seriously. A number that a mom can call when she is sick or has to go to the doctor and request a caring, qualified individual to lend a hand. No negotiating shedules or having to jump in to help partway through. Just a call and someone on the other end saying, "Okay, be there soon". Either that, or when a woman gives birth, she should have a all-encompassing vaccination against illnesses since moms apparently are not allowed to be sick.
Now let me say that Scott was very helpful when I was ill. He took a full day off of work (called the sub line at Troy and viola -- magical replacement for him for the day) and was helpful over the weekend. His mom took Ella part of the next day, which was also great. But there is a limit to who can help and how often. I went back to work probably earlier than I should have, but staying home would not have done me any good. At most, I would have had help for a few hours each day and as much as I appreciate the help from everyone, a few hours just isn't enough sometimes.
So, I have been initiated. No more days of selfishly laying on the couch or resting a sore throat with mute-ness. Well, not until the nest is empty and I certainly don't want to rush that.
Friday, January 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment