Ella had a "big girl" meal tonight. Basically, she had what we did; baked spaghetti (with sausage), broccoli and garlic bread. I also threw in a couple of pieces of carrot and some pureed pears for her. We have learned that she loooooves broccoli -- both for eating and wearing. She hunted it out amongst the mass of food on her tray and it ended up on top of her head, forehead, and face, under her chin and on her neck, on her hands and pants, on the changing table and floor and a half hour later, after a bath, she still had some in her mouth! So far, she really dislikes mashed potatoes, but likes "real" broccoli, tomatoes, carrots, green beans and corn. I hope she always likes veggies. Personally, I love the ones many people don't like, such as asparagus, brussels sprouts and my fave -- broccoli. However, onions and peppers do not agree with me, I share my youngest brothers' complete disdain for all gourds/squashes and mushrooms completely creep me out.
Our girl is getting so big. Her hair is starting to curl -- the most positive of the two traits we have thus far attributed to me (the other being really short legs). We are starting to think through her first birthday party as February is a pretty busy month for us. I can't even believe she's almost 1!
"Mmmmmmmm, broccoli!"
"What am I supposed to do with this thing?"
Rocking the baby mullet and a goofy grin.
Feeding Daddy some Cheerios.



No comments:
Post a Comment