I am at my limit. There is a new house going in across the street. For the past 4 1/2 months, there has been a lot of noise. It has interrupted countless naps for Ella. Thus far, I think I have been pretty gracious about it all, trying to make things quieter in here and just going with the flow, even when someone left a work vehicle in reverse for about a half hour and did not move it, so in the middle of the nap there was an incessant, "beep, beep, beep, beep". Today, I am done. As I write, merely an hour and a half before that sacred nap time (and during the "if we're lucky, she'll fall asleep now, too" time) there is a little front-end loader type of thing with a huge jackhammer at the end of our driveway busting up the road. And a running dumptruck in front of our house, another front-end loader directly across street, a truck from the water department (all vehicles running, of course) and several men hammering. The other day I joked to Scott that I should go out and politely ask the men across the street to keep it down as we had a baby sleeping. Today, I am about to run out there, hair all askew, looking like a madwoman with no shoes on, hollering at them to knock it off already.
I feel a little unstable, yes, but I am a mom with a sleepy baby. Can you blame me?
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment