Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Milk drunk

Ella just pounded 5 ounces of milk and had that wonderful, blissful milk-drunk look on her face as I put her in bed for the night. (Well, not the one in this picture, but you know the look...) I have not seen that look in a very, very long time and it makes me happy to see it once more. We are giving her as much breastmilk as we can and supplementing with formula and I kid you not, she already feels heavier. You know how when your kids start growing really fast and all of the sudden they just feel different?

Most of all, it makes me feel good that she is well-fed and happy. She is smiling almost constantly, laughing and squealing. When I got up to feed her at 4:00 and when Scott got her out of bed this morning, she greated each of us with a squeal and those full-body smiles that only babies have. She squished all up, pulled her knees to her chest and thumped her feet back to the mattress in delight to see each of us. I can honestly start every single day that way, no matter the hour.

3 comments:

kelli said...

I remember those little smiles like they were yesterday. She is such a sweetie.

Anonymous said...

SUCH a CUTE picture! I love the little smurk. :) We can't wait to actually meet her soon.... do we have to wait until homecoming?

Jen said...

Jen,
Well... it may just be that long, unfortunately, but we will see. Can't wait to meet Baby Boy Pazdur! We are thinking of you.

Jen