Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Scennifer?

Okay. So I have heard that the longer you are married to someone, the more you look alike. (Well, my parents have been married for 39 years and, quite frankly, I don't think they look anything alike.) But what about acting alike? Scott is notorious for forgetting where his wallet is. I am not kidding... 5/7 days a week, the man is searching high and low, looking for his wallet. It's one of those endearing(ish) idiosyncrasies.

Today, I returned a pair of shoes to Kohl's (finally... second attempt), and decided to hit up Michael's to do some research for my Homemade Christmas campaign. After painstakingly choosing a few items to get started and crafty things to keep Ella busy, I wait in line... Ella dancing around and pretending she doesn't hear me telling her "DON'T TOUCH THAT!", Benjamin leaning waaaaaay over the side of the cart, defying the laws of gravity, in order to laugh at his sister's misdemeanors. Then I get to the cashier, as she is ringing my purchases, I moan to myself, (forgot the resuable shopping bags again!) and then I realize. No wallet. Again. I did this two weeks ago at the grocery store, only to return, get the groceries and forget part of Ella's lunch at the store. Hmph.

I have a few handbags that I am cycling through, depending on the day and the outing. This was my "Coupon Purse" I did not take my coupons, but I had diapers, wipes, Wet Ones (good-bye, germs!), my phone and a pad of paper, but no wallet. The girl at Michael's is holding my stash. Probably good, actually, because I can go with a list and just get what I will need and get it over with. But really... shouldn't I learn my lesson a little more quickly? Or is this the beginning of some sort of shared wallet-focused amnestic disorder between Scott and I?

1 comment:

grandpa don said...

Boy O Boy, what is going on at the Francis house.

I agree with you're opening statement that your mother & dad don't look alike & another thing don't act alike, thank goodness.

Maybe you need to add a tether on you & the wallet!

Hope all works out.