So yesterday, we were in the car driving north and it came time for him to eat. I had a bottle for him and it was chilly. Not the proper delivery method or temperature for dear Ben. So he made faces, he stuck out his tongue, he fake choked on the milk, but in the end, he gave in and just ate... wait, gulped down the milk.
Maybe an hour later when we arrived at the house, I sat down to nurse him. As soon as he figured out what has coming his way, he got a big smile on his face and let out a squeal that could rival one of Ella's. And he ate... and ate... and ate. Gee, so sorry I starved you. He nursed two more times before bed and went down like a rock around 8:30 (I think we got here at 6:30). Did he wait until at least 2:00 like most nights to get up? No... up before midnight, gulping again. "See what happens when you give me a bottle, lady? You pay!" Sorry, dude. Another meal at 2:00 finally got him through to 6:30-ish, right before he fussed his little way into bed with me. Does he know we're on vacation and Ella is really tired and I will go to any lengths to not wake her up? Apparently. Oh well... I really do love the snuggling, even if it is kind of shady. And I wonder if he is going through a growth spurt... 'cause he really needs one of those (eye roll). All I know is that I am also getting really hungry these past couple of days... it is hard to keep up with him!



No comments:
Post a Comment