Warning: sensitive topics.... for those of you who are feeling sensitive today.
Many of you already know anyway... Benjamin was not able to be circumcised when he was born due to what we are told is a "very common" abnormality. We are still confused as to how common it is and exactly what it all means for the little guy. The whole subject is a deer-in-the-headlights experience for me anyway. Don't have one, don't understand them, don't really know what to do about it. I just know this: it must be important because the first thing I heard from the pediatrician in the OR was, "Your son looks good but he can't be circumcised, blah, blah, blah ..." (confusion and drugs kick in and I think, "Why are you telling me this now? Can you not see I am gutted like a fish here and a little preoccupied what with the Morphine and all?")
The thing that has my stomach all in knots is that my little guy has to have surgery. Yes, circumcision at birth is still surgery but circumcision at 6 months is just icky. We have our consultation on Thursday morning to find out exactly what is going on and how it will be fixed. Let me tell you -- what I have heard makes me want to puke, cry and faint all at once. But anything that puts my baby under general anesthesia would do that.
Thankfully (not really, but you know what I mean) some friends have just been through this and can offer some insight. And I need to remember. Benjamin is a healthy baby. He will be prayed for and he will be okay... even if his Mommy pukes.



No comments:
Post a Comment