Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ready to run


It is official... I am back in my pre-pregnancy pants and at my pre-pregnancy weight. Benjamin is 9 weeks old tomorrow. I don't know if this is fast or slow, but I am happy! I have my (late) post-partum checkup tomorrow and Benjamin has his 8 week well baby tomorrow, so I am hoping to get the all-clear from both docs to start using my fancy BOB Duallie stroller! With a carseat attachment for Ben, it should be fine. AND Scott just read in his running magazine that one can burn up to 20% more calories when pushing a jogging stroller. I am guessing that is a single stroller and I'll be adding an extra 30-ish pounds with the bigger stroller, Ben and his seat, so let's call it 30%. So ready to get back on the trails and restart the fight to lose weight and get fit!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Jen,

Congrats! I'm jealous, I'm still the same weight as I was when I was 7 months pregnant and not even close to my pre-pregnancy pants.... tell me your secret!!!

Jen said...

My secret is horrible, horrible morning sickness which caused me to lose 15 pounds in the first trimester and basically killed my appetite for most of my pregnancy. So... once I gave birth to a 9 pound baby, there was not much left to do. By no means am I svelte, but I feel ready to move in that direction.