Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

June 9, 2009

Mark this day on your calendars, folks.  It is the day that I begin to drive a minivan.  I fought and fought it until we outgrew my beloved Malibu.  The last two trips up north (sans Benjamin no less) were rather tricky.  Ella and Cammy add just enough baggage to the vehicle to make travel cramped to put it mildly.  Not to mention the fact that trying to attend to children in the backseat of a car is not an easy task.  

So around the middle of last summer, about the time that I got pregnant, I suppose, the minivan became the car of my dreams.  Through my pregnancy, it became more so as my back (and eventually belly) protested hauling Ella in and out of the middle of the backseat of a sedan.  I tried to go the SUV route, but minivans are easier to navigate and I am all about ease at this point.  Now, at long last, Scott has wheeled and dealed us into a slick silver 2009 Chrysler Town and Country.  I will now proudly follow in Val's footsteps and cruise around blaring rockin' music.  I think I'll need a Coldplay CD to go with the new wheels... Veggie Tales just won't cut it.

4 comments:

Charity Lemke said...

Yeah for minivans! Never wanted to be one of "those" people but am now so thankful that I am. Welcome to the club!

Jen said...

Oh, I so love it.... it is taking some getting used to since it is so much bigger than the car, but it is a relief to have space for everyone!

jenni said...

Yay! You got a super nice one too...wow! I can't wait to see it!

Jen said...

Yeah, I'm all hot in my minivan!