As things stand, I am trying to reframe my thinking to match that of most pregnant women. This baby will come when he is ready and there is no planning it. I am a planner, so while a c-section is not the most desirable way to give birth, the fact that it worked out that way with Ella, was actually quite good in many ways. I knew when she was coming and that made life as a pregnant grad student much easier. However, I am not going to schedule a c-section just for the sake of convenience... I'm not quite that anxious.
So I am getting in the frame of mind of waiting... putting the cart back behind the horse, so to speak. We will get the house and the baby's things ready and forge ahead into completely unknown territory. I will still request a final ultrasound closer to my due date to get an estimate of the baby's size and talk with the doctors about their recommendations. AND I will be happy that I have gained a solid 5 pounds less than the lowest expected weight gain so far! The nurse was almost as excited as I was about that!!



No comments:
Post a Comment