Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Bad to worse

Thursday turned things rather downhill here.  My mysterious illness took a turn for the worse and I ended up in bed for 3 days.  I am sure I don't need to state how amazingly rare that is, what with a toddler in the house and all.  There was, however, very little choice as just changing a diaper rendered me completely useless for hours afterward.  I'm just going to call it the flu.  Who knows what this thing was, but it was nasty and I have a feeling it will be a while until I feel well again.  I kept worrying for little Benjamin, but have to figure he fared pretty well in there.  

I don't know how single parents do it.  Poor Scott had no birthday festivities and spent half of his winter break caring for Ella on his own.  If not for his sacrifice, I have no idea what I would have done.  There was simply no way I could muster the energy to be a parent.

Thankfully, I finally felt well enough to join extended family at my parents' house today for a brief visit.  Hopefully, my mystery germs are eradicated and I did not pass anything along to anyone.  At any rate, I was conscious for more than 2 hours at a time and that is a feat.

Now I have to get myself well enough to make it 12 full hours without a sip of water or cough remedy of any kind so that I can take my 3-hour glucose test.  That could be a very long time from now.  With 10 weeks left in the pregnancy... we'll see how that works.

No comments: