Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Pfffft!

The OB's office called today and left a message that I failed my glucose screening test.  Stink!  So now it's on the the 3-hour test.  At this point, it is an annoyance more than anything.  And I have two pretty lengthy dentist appointments coming my way.  Both of them and the glucose test will require additional childcare for Ella.  Grrrrr.

And while I'm grumping ... we are sick.  Still.  I've been trying and trying to kick some mysterious thing for 2 weeks.  Every time I think it is almost done, it comes right back, morphed into something a bit different.  Scott is sick and Ella seems to be going downhill when she isn't running around the house like a cabin-fever-crazed maniac.  I am grateful to have been able to sleep for quite a while this afternoon and hope we are all on the mend soon.

2 comments:

Charity Lemke said...

That is stinky! I think they changed the #s for the original glucose test or something...several people I know at generations have had to do the 3 hr, must be looking for more $, I'm sure it isn't the best interest of the patients/babies or anything. So when do you have it scheduled for? Let us know if we can help with Ella.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Charity. Yeah, seems like a lot of people are failing this time through. It is even more annoying now because I've been super sick and promise I cannot make it 12 hours without water or a cough drop, yet they insist I come in ASAP. GRRRR!!! And I wonder now, too. Kristy had DONUT right before her screening and passed, for heaven's sake!