The little darling has decided that mommy's cervix makes a good trampoline. The bladder is one thing... the bowels, fine. But the cervix really needs to be off limits. (sorry to any squirmy male readers -- it is what it is at this point) It is quite a trick to remain focused in conversation/circle time at Ella's class when suddenly I feel like my son is about to hop on out and say hello. It is decidedly uncomfortable and strange and intriguing all at once. Let's hope it stops until sometime in April. April? Jeez..... it isn't even March yet. Darn.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
The latest from the kids
Ella has started making pets out of the pieces of fruit from her yogurt. Yesterday, it was a blueberry and today, a strawberry. Would this happen if I were healthy and had the energy to curb her mealtime behavior better? I don't know. Catch me in a week when I have the brainpower to formulate an answer. But here is how it goes: She spies the piece of fruit and frantically digs it out of the yogurt. Said piece of fruit goes into and out of the mouth several times as she speaks to it lovingly, "Ooooh, strawberry. Siiiiilllly strawberry!" She sort of plays hide-n-seek with it in her fingers. In and out of the mouth more... Yesterday, I think the blueberry ended up on the floor somewhere. Today, I believe the strawberry was eaten, but I'd really have to get back to you on that later on today. Things have a way of surfacing after a few hours around here. Toddlers are strange and my parenting skills appear to be lacking. I plead illness and exhaustion. Heaven knows what will happen around here once Benjamin arrives. Which brings me to my next update...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I remember the cevix jumping. Hang in there, only a few more weeks. You can do it, jen!
Cervix jumping stinks! I just realized why this part of pregnancy seems so long this time around... no showers! This is the time when everything really gears up during that first pregnancy and it gets you through those long last weeks. Now.... we wait!
Post a Comment