In addition, we learned that our little boy is on the big side... not that I am particularly surprised. My due date was changed from what I thought it was to what they say it is at my first ultrasound, when the baby was measuring smaller than expected. Considering that I was only about 6 weeks pregnant at the time, I think that there was plenty of room for error and my due date is probably closer to what I imagined it to be, which is April 28. He currently weighs about 1 pound, 15 ounces and "should" weigh 1 pound, 3 ounces. Must be all of that chocolate cake he keeps making me eat!
He also has a large head, which was what I had noticed at the last ultrasound. This OB (different one than last month) also mentioned that I may want to have another ultrasound closer to my due date to see if the baby is large enough to warrant a second c-section. When I told her how big Ella and her head were, she said she'd recommend not trying a VBAC, which is what I've been leaning towards based on research and on the size of the baby's head.
Finally, our little boy has, in fact, taken up his big sister's favorite breech position. I thought the kicking seemed remarkably similar... all down and mostly toward the back. Every once in a while, something will hit the middle of my belly, but his head is above my belly button (that's what has been pushing on my ribs). I haven't even had Scott try and feel the baby move much because the kicking is all in places that he couldn't possibly feel to begin with. The baby's position can, of course, change, but it will be interesting to see if he finds it a comfy place to remain.



2 comments:
Good news Jen! Hope the rest goes smoothly. Do Tyson and Charity know what they are having?
They are having a boy, too. When is your due date? Soon?? You guys sharing a name for your new little one?
Post a Comment