Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Reliving my childhood... sort of??

So for Christmas, "Ella" asked for a My Little Pony and a Cabbage Patch Kid. She already has a Care Bear, which she sleeps with at night. I had none of these when I was a kid, but desperately wanted them all (well, I got a CPK when I was about 13, but that does not count). This summer, I bought her jelly shoes... never had those, either. My friend Carla heard how I always wanted one of those raincoats with the little whales spouting water on the lining and bought Ella a dress embroidered with them as a shower gift. As Ella would say, "Super cute!"

This makes me wonder... if moon boots, Coca-Cola shirts and Popples come back, will I be getting her those as well? Oh, I really don't want to be one of "those" parents who lives through their children... but this is different right? Besides, someone has to groom that pony's mane now. I'm just helping her out.

No comments: