It all started with Ella not wanting to get her hair washed. I was searching for a way to help her feel more in control when I spotted Lumpy, a bath toy. He is the Heffalump with a British accent that is friends with Pooh. I asked Ella, "Do you think Lumpy needs to get his hair washed?" Yes, she did. Over the course of two or three baths, she was regularly washing Lumpy's hair and allowing us to wash hers. Whew.So yesterday, I was trying to get us moving and Ella was refusing to comply with breakfast. She just gets too busy playing and does not want to stop and eat. So I remembered Lumpy. Did she think Lumpy wanted eggs for breakfast? We went to the bathtub to get him. She asked and yes, he wanted eggs. He sat nicely in her chair while I cooked, traded with her when the eggs were ready and ate like a good little Heffalump. When "they" were done, I asked Ella if she wanted applesauce. No response. I asked again. Nothing. "Ella, does Lumpy want applesauce?" She says, "Yumpy, apples? Yuuuuumpy, apples? (apparently he doesn't listen well, either) Yes". Oooookay. I am running things through a 4 inch high plastic elephant. Sorry, Heffalump.
Today I had to see if the magic was still alive. I didn't even bother to ask Ella about breakfast. "Ella, is Lumpy ready to eat?". Instant yes. Sweet! So we sit down and I ask Ella if she wants to go Christmas shopping today. "Yumpy, Kikiss shoppy? Yes!" Heavens.
Unfortunately, Lumpy does not have a vocabulary more extensive than Ella. I asked "them" if they wanted peaches for breakfast. After consulting with "Yumpy", I was told that they wanted fruit. I explained that peaches are fruit, but they disagree. So they got cheese.



1 comment:
Whatever it takes, right?
I wonder if there is a pre-teen equivalent? Nah...for some reason, I don't think "The Jonas Brothers wants you to shovel the driveway" will do the trick.
Post a Comment