Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 19, 2008

Does she know Santa's watching?

Ella has been having some difficulty controlling her emotions lately. Age, teeth, lack of sleep are at least three of the factors we are working with here. So yesterday, I was getting ready for work and trying to put on my socks when she took one and ran off. When she brought it back and I took it from her, she got mad and started flailing her arms, accidentally hitting my foot in the process. As a means to point out her behavior, I told her to be careful, that she had just hit me. Ella proceeded to get up, go to the "time out spot", sit down and have a talk with herself about not hitting Mommy. After about 15 seconds (short, but who am I to complain?), she got up and came to me with her arms open, saying, "Hug?" She told me she was sorry and why... "I sorry. Hit Mommy foot".

The thing about this kid is that she gets it. She may not want to pay attention to what she is supposed to do or not do some days, but she knows. She will sit and have a very serious "talk" about her behavior and usually does not repeat the offense... at least for a long while.

So what's our son going to be like???

5 comments:

Brett, Kim, Braydon, Brielle and Beckett Bolt said...

you son...is going to be the opposite :) my kids, in my case are complete opposites when it comes to that stuff...braydon will go in time out with no problem...brielle throws a complete fit..which sometimes results in her hurting herself from falling from a step, or stool...totally different! we kinda wonder where #3 is going to fall....

val said...

oh, that is so cute!

but *ahem* i would have to agree with comment #1, based on my experience as well. hope for your sake the little guy proves us wrong!

Jen said...

That is exactly what we are afraid of!

kelli said...

Oh my gosh...that is EXACTLY like Noah. He was that kid who would always stay as far from the boundary line as possible...but you know what? Sam isn't too far from that. Sam will toe the line occasionally, but he really doesn't leap over too much.

I think that you guys are great parents and that Ella will be a wonderful role model. Your little guy will be just fine!

Jen said...

Thanks, Kelli. Scott and I have always been pretty mellow, so we're hoping that will produce generally mellow kids.