Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Topsy-turvy alert

Not sure if any of you have noticed, but the laws of the universe are just a bit out of whack right now. Firstly, I weighed in 4 pounds LESS at my doctor's office than at home today. Is that even possible? I have never in my life had that happen. Then, my doctor told me that she is concerned about me not gaining, let alone maintaining my weight. What? Me, not weighing enough? This is just the thing dreams are made of... "Jennifer, you need to put on some weight". By all means, let me oblige you!

Unfortunately, since I still struggle to keep meals down at times, this weight gain is not going to happen by way of hot fudge sundaes and trips to Red Robin (insert Ella's fake crying face). No... Ensure is the way I have to go for now. You see, although I have been eating abnormal amounts of cheese-covered potato chips and even the occasional few slices of pizza, I cannot consume enough calories to support this little bun in the oven without sacrificing myself. I have morphed -- partially -- into a teenage boy. I eat no vegetables or really any food with any nutritional value and lose weight.

Please don't wake me up. Breastfeeding wasn't even this good.

No comments: