Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Toddler savvy

Ella is in one of her toddler-y not eating moods lately. Whatever we give her typically ends up being squashed in her hands and sometimes we are told her favorite things are, "yucky". This morning, she nibbled on part of a banana and ate a couple of bites of cereal, but refused to cooperate any further. Therefore, the typical Sunday morning treat of a donut was not offered to her.

On the way to church, I was, as usual, eating my breakfast in the car. When Ella caught sight of my donut, she started asking for some. Scott and I reminded her that she did not eat her breakfast and couldn't have any. She then screwed up her face into what she considers a sad expression and with a fake crying tone to her voice said, "I'm sorry!"... hoping for a piece of donut. She did not get one, but got points for cuteness and once again surprising us with her understanding of social cues.

2 comments:

kelli said...

They're so much more aware at this age than we give them credit for. Good for you for sticking to your guns. She's gonna be a great big kid. I wish more of my preschool parents had stuck to their guns rather than leaving us to deal with their spoiled, over entitled children....did I say too much?? Can you tell what kind of year I'm having?

Jen said...

She pulled it on me again last night... misbehaving and then throwing out the "I'm sorry" when she was being punished.

Sorry about your school year. I've been getting hints of the difficulty via your Facebook... that's a tough age to deal with. Well... Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming I guess.