I have been in the market for a dollhouse for Ella and decided that a secondhand Little People house may be a good place to start. So I've checked Mom2Mom sales... no luck. I checked Craig's List... too slow. Well, today while on a walk, I spied a garage sale and sure enough, there was a bin of Little People toys. Now there was no house and the toys belonged to a little boy, but I scored about 20 people, several vehicles, a restaurant, a firehouse, a car wash, a mechanic shop, a little mall-type thing, a carnival, a tropical island and a playmat for just $20! I have no qualms about giving Ella gently used toys and I looove a bargain! Even if we give some of the toys away, I can feel great about getting such a super deal.
Ella pored through the bags of toys in awe. "Wow!", she said. I cleaned the pieces up, set up the town as she napped and when she woke up, she plowed through the little village like a cute little Godzilla.
Tomorrow, I am picking up the farm with all of its pieces for $5... from a woman on Craig'sList. This should get Ella going because she knows the farm scene pretty well and it is more geared toward children her age than some of the other sets are. I think it will introduce her to this new level of imaginative play.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment