Karen and I adopted this phrase for the past few days in Chicago. It really covered a lot for us... finishing four 8-hour days of cramming about EVERYTHING psychology from statistics (blech!) to ethics to clinical issues, making it around the Schaumburg area sans decent map -- three times, and most of all, being away from home for a looong time. This was my first time away from Ella. We left at 6:30 Wednesday night and got home at about 8:30 tonight. It was way long and sad and stressful and I am SO happy to be home (in a spotless house -- thank you, Scott!). The best part about being away, other than coming home, was getting to have dinner with Andy, Amy and Abby on Friday night. I desperately needed a baby fix at that point. It was also really nice to spend lots of time with Karen (and her unborn twins!) and strengthen our friendship. It took Ella a while to realize I was actually back. About 5 minutes after we got home, Ella suddenly squealed, smiled and gave me a big hug! As for now, my brain is fried, so I apologize if this makes no sense. My next challenge is studying, studying, studying away and passing the boards!
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment