Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

This was a really good weekend. We all had a great time and today's perfectly beautiful weather topped it all off. I have slept in 4 cities in the past week... that would really be cool if I were a rockstar. Around Friday, I was pretty confused and woke up having no clue as to where I was. That was city 3 and the best was "city" 4, Mackinac Island, when I woke up to the clippity clop of horse hooves. That was pretty groovy. Here are some pictures of the past week or so, with highlights of the weekend. Hope you all are well... and I'll soon get to returning phone calls, I promise!


Mmmmmm... banana!


Getting ready to help Grandma Francis with her gardening.


It took her a while to acknowledge the lake and she would not go near it.

Scott enjoying the view while checking up on Ella.

Scott enjoying a morning bike around the Island...


...of course, I enjoyed it, too.


Snuggling in... we thought she'd fall asleep, but no. She stayed awake the whole way home -- 2 hours past bedtime -- and talked nearly the whole way!

The flowers did not last long, but at least I got a picture.


'Round and 'round she went with no fear at all.


SO cute!

2 comments:

val said...

love that last picture.

i also love the way her toe is sticking through her blanket in the one taken in the car.

mac island looks like fun! we haven't been there but might need to add it to our list!

and in case i forget to say it later this week... happy anniversary!!!

Jen said...

Val,
Thanks! I love the toe coming through the blanket, too. I think being able to do that is why that is her favorite blankie! The island was quiet and a nice getaway for a night... and thanks for the well-wishes for tomorrow!
Jen