Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Candy Cane 5K

Kim and I ran the Clarkston Candy Cane 5K tonight. I was a bit nervous since I've only made it out for one decent run since the Turkey Trot over 2 weeks ago, but we had a lot of fun. There were not that many runners -- I think this is their first year -- and the course was familiar and quick. Lots of hills and a bit of snow and ice made us feel quite hardcore. As you will see in the pictures, we were going rather fast. Scott and my Dad watched the kids while we ran. The race began and ended in Depot Park, which was decorated with lots of fun Christmas inflatables. It was a fun event that neither Kim or I would mind repeating. Maybe next year, Scott will run with us and Team Francis will be complete!


Photo op with Elmo.


Getting started!


Grandpa, Ella and Elmo.


Ella never misses a chance to swing.


And down the chute to the finish! Kim was a good sport to run with me. I am pretty slow, but did post a personal record... hoping to keep that up!

4 comments:

jenni said...

Good grief! You girls are amazing! I can't imagine running period....but certainly not in this cold weather! Impressive!

Jen said...

Jenni, it was fun! You should join us next running season!

Jen said...

BTW... once you start running, it is not even cold. It is actually really refreshing.

Charity Lemke said...

Yay, for you! (and I emphasize the for you part)