Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 5, 2008

1/4 down!

YEAH! I have finally made it to 10 weeks! I know that some people probably still don't even notice that they are pregnant at this point, but boy, have I taken notice! It has been a tough haul for the last month -- for the whole family, Cammy included. I am feeling much better, with long periods of feeling good, though I still really have to watch what I eat... and take my meds religiously. Finally, there are times when I feel excited about this pregnancy and start to imagine our family with another child. Scott and I have been able to spend some time together over the past few days and Ella and I have been best buds, with me able to do things with her and not just lay on the floor and watch her play.

The decrease in morning sickness feels like nothing short of a miracle... I've told some of you I honest to goodness was about to have Scott commit me somewhere last week. But it finally occurred to me to pray for it to go away (duh, right?)... and it almost instantly decreased to such a significant degree that I could have cried. That is a true miracle in my life.

So... things are looking up! Thank you for all of your support and kindness and let's all pray things keep on an upward trend. My womb is now the size of a grapefruit and I'm looking forward to getting my belly soon. I'm also warning my family to watch out at Thanksgiving dinner! All of that luscious food and no restrictions --- woo-hoo!

2 comments:

kelli said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better, Jen. Now, hopefully you can enjoy you're time with Ella and the expectation of a new little Francis!

Jen said...

Thanks! It is certainly a roller-coaster. The baby did not like a single thing I *tried* to eat yesterday (even a saltine cracker), but I was pounding Mexican food a few days ago... go figure.