Maybe all kids are like this, I don't know. What I do know is that Ella continually has little flurries of development every month or so. This time, it is crawling, standing, getting teeth and walking, for heaven's sake. These changes have me all emotional. It is out of control. Let's all keep in mind that she just turned 8 months old. Sheesh.
Crawling is to be expected. She has the idea of how it works and gets the motions put together pretty well, but is still a bit stilted. But let me tell ya, if there is a remote control, toy, cat or piece of fuzz on the other side of the room that she feels she must have, she gets there pretty stinking fast.
Standing. Oh, I thought this was the most trouble we were in for a while. She has taken to standing up in her crib, something that we would never know without a video monitor. She stands up, sort of cruises around the edge (*gasp!*) and sometimes falls. She also likes to use us to stand or have us hold her up. She is pretty hot stuff.
The teeth. I have just seen them as of this morning and figure that their emergence explains her recent clingy and opinionated behavior. The teeth are not through, but the bottom right one has broken the surface a little and its buddy is visible under her gums.
Now walking. I can hardly handle it. We were at Ty and Charity's last night and Scott called me to the playroom in time to watch her WALKING across the room behind one of those walking cart thingys. I have never even seen her make a stepping motion before, but this is her MO. Figure out that something is possible and 5 minutes later, master it. I would not be surprised to have her walking independently at about 10-11 months. This is just wrong.
She is such a happy kid, loving as all get out and hillarious. Here are a couple of recent pictures.
All dressed up for church yesterday. She wouldn't be happy without that duck in her posession.
She is so sweet when she wakes up from her nap. This one is dark, but I love it.
Kelli, the minute I saw this sassy pose, I thought how you would get a kick out of it! She makes this face constantly.



1 comment:
Yes, I love the sassy ones! I too love the one in her crib!
Post a Comment