Ella thinks she can walk. She is in deep denial that not only does she progress at less than a snail's pace across the house, but that she is holding onto someone as she does it. Tonight, we no sooner got home from work/Grandma and Grandpa Alexander's house, then Scott had to take a phone call. Well, since she had not properly greeted her Daddy yet and he had the audacity to leave the room, she was bound and determined to go after him. So, without a care, she slid off of my lap and started walking as I grabbed her hands to keep her upright. Just like that, in the direction of the kitchen where Daddy was. She kills me. I have always known that plain determination had a lot to do with success and Ella seems to be proving that.
My darling is also determined to stop taking naps. She just stands there in her crib and screams and yells and goes all crazy for a good hour or so. She used to take a perfect nap every day. I am at my wits end. I can handle a shorter nap. I can handle crying. But this is out of control and my biggest problem is that I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT! If only I could translate those Ella-ese "words" that were coming out of her mouth to figure out if she was angry/scared/anxious.... if only I knew what was going on in that precious little head, I would feel more able to formulate a plan of attack and help her understand her world. Ugh.
I have pictures, but am too tired to post them today. Soon... I promise.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment