Benjamin Alexander Francis was born on Wednesday, April 29 at 2:38 pm. He weighed in at a healthy 9 pounds, 2 ounces and was 21 inches long. As you can see, he has huge cheeks! Our little man certainly has his own look but does seem to resemble his big sister quite a bit, too.
The c-section went great and I was very pleased to have Benjamin in recovery with me. That seems to have made a difference in nursing as well as bonding. Not only is Ben a big boy, but his umbilical cord was in a knot and he was working on having a bowel movement, so I am thankful that I had a c-section after all. Since he stayed with me in recovery, we were able to see him get his first bath -- something I missed with Ella. Benjamin is a pro at nursing and sleeps really well so far. His big sister adores him and gives him lots of attention. I am feeling great a week post-surgery and think I am clear-headed until I try to communicate my thoughts!



1 comment:
He is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS, Jen!!!!!! What a doll!I can't wait to meet him! -Stacey
Post a Comment