Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Random news

There have been a few changes around here. Nothing earth-shattering, but worth mentioning.

Benjamin is now sitting up unassisted, for the most part. He thinks he is pretty fancy, leaning over to grab something and sitting up straight again. He so desperately wants to be big like the rest of us and I really get a kick out of watching him feel so proud. And his absolute newest trick is smacking his lips when he is hungry. I pretty much assume he is always hungry anyway, but it is cute and I love that he is communicating so clearly.

Along that theme, he is now also moving into size 5 diapers, a size bigger than Ella wears. We are starting this at night because his regular diapers are not cutting it. He has also reached level 3 on the jumperoo... Ella never made it that far, either. Our big boy weighs over 23 pounds now... and is very happy!

Ella has 2 more sessions of her beloved gym class and will move on to swimming lessons next week. She is VERY excited to be in the pool with Daddy!

Not much is going on with Scott and I ... except that I got up at 5:30 and ran 3 miles this morning. Okay... Benjamin got me up, but I did not go back to bed like I usually would. Having an infant in the house does strange things to a person. I normally get pretty perturbed if I have to start my day before 7:00.

Pictures are to come from our weekend away and other fun times here at home. We're hoping to make it to a cider mill soon if weather and schedules cooperate.

2 comments:

grandpa don said...

Is Ben ahead of where Ella was at the same age. When did she sit up? Have you used a storage ben for Ben's wash tub as you did with Ella? I don't think Ben would fit in the storage ben. Sounds like he is moving along real fast an sooner than you think he will be crawling and walking an helping you an Ella. Now won't that be fun? Steak is in the near future.

Grandpa Don

Jen said...

Ben is a bit ahead of Ella overall, but doing some things in different order. I will have to get the storage bin out for him, but not before I get a good picture of him in the baby tub. It is pretty comical. At least he has stopped trying to flop out of it! Crawling... oh my. I've said it before and I'll say it again... this kid will be stink on wheels!